I put more pictures online today. These are from the master bathroom remodel. I pulled the shower and replaced it as well as the floor. You can see the pictures in the Bathroom remodel Gallery. I’ve still got a few pictures to find and post that show the final state.
The pictures from fixing the pool light are now online in the Pool Light Fix Gallery. One more reason to be careful with the advice you get from so called professionals in the field. All said the project cost me about 150 in concrete, rentals, and tools. The quote to have it repaired was $950. The time was significant on this project. I cut into the concrete Friday at 5pm and worked till 9pm Friday, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday to have the hole filled with dirt. After a few days to dry out and settle, I poured the concrete Wednesday morning.
The last set of pictures from the 4th street Patio Remodel Gallery are online. The new pictures start on Page 3. There’s also the pictures that I took later in the week for the 2006 Bellingham Washington Snow Storm. Start on Page 3 for the new pictures. I loaded up the 2005 Baja Singles Cruise pictures
With the snow in Medford tonight, this is a great opportunity to post a backlog of images to the galleries.
Animals came first. A few new images of Mateo on Page 2 having fun in the snow. Next are Pictures of Stella the Schmitten. She’s the newest addition to the Family. Someday we’ll get a picture with all four animals in one spot.
Next was pictures of the Cold weather and Snow Storm in Medford Oregon. A neighbor had a broken spigot yesterday that had to be fixed.
The last stuff is random pictures. I found some old ones from Oscon 2002. I added a Random Buildings section with a great BK resteraunt to start it off.
I’ve still got more to fix but it’s time to call it a night.
A new batch of beer is upstairs fermenting.Â The porter is on tap and came out very good.Â I’ll get pictures posted before the keg is empty.Â The new beer is a summer ale.
The shower project is going to be starting next week.Â Pictures soon.
I’ve posted pictures from the Patio remodel in the Home Improvement Gallery finally.Â The pictures are actually behind by a bit.Â I’ve got most of the electrical conduit in place now. The only part of the exterior conduit left is to punch the conduit into the box with a 3/4 inch hole.Â The interior stuff for the garage is still left as well as wiring the new lights under the patio.Â Lots to do, but the improvement is already noticeable.Â The new patio doesn’t leak.Â That’s huge.Â the old patio cover would leak back down the side of the house and even into the garage.Â The new roof hasn’t leaked either, but that’s a bit more of the normal.
My brother, a friend and I pulled out about a cord of firewood in three hours this morning.Â An hour of driving on each side and about 45 minutes to stack it all up at my brother’s house and he’s got firewood for the season.Â Not bad for an $11 BLM permit to cut the wood and gas to/from.
Wow,Â The trifecta today.Â HomeBrew, Home Improvement, and major BBQ.Â I got the elevation added to the patio.Â I added 3 and a half inches of height on the outside support.Â Not the easiest thing to do and would have been so much easier with larger jacks and an extra set of hands.Â It looks good though.Â I’ll posts specific pictures showing the jacks in the gallery once I’m done.
Before I got to that, I brewed beer with a friend today.Â 5 Gallons of Black Hills Porter.Â Â Finished up about 3pm and it’s sitting behind me as I type just starting to bubble away.Â 3 months down the road I’ll get to try it.Â Â The whole time we were brewing, I had the first set of three packs of 4 sides of ribs.
The ribs are full length beef short ribs.Â These things are huge. 3 ribs = 10 pounds raw.Â This is the second attempt at cooking the ribs.Â The first time I undercooked them and didn’t catch the temp right at the bone.Â The meat was still slightly bloody.
This time I got the meat all the way cooked, but didn’t have it at temperature long enough.Â Close but not quite. I put two of the four sides into the oven to finish them off, 10 hours of cooking and they turned out really well.
So a busy day, lots done
The Projects at fourth street have been going since I moved in it seems like.Â There lots of things that need fixing here and so I’ve been starting on them.Â So far there’s a new roof and patio cover that are almost done.Â Pictures from that will be online shortly.Â I’m getting into some electrical work on the detached garage and then just organizing all my stuff that’s in the garage.Â Hopefully I get better before pictures on that stuff as well as the shower that needs to be replaced.
The Bathroom Remodel Pics are online now. It’s the first of the remodel jobs to go online. Enjoy looking in on what I do in my spare time.